1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Rub with olive oil and salt and arrange cut side down on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, or until a fork easily slides in and out of the non-hallow half.
3. When cool enough to touch, scoop out the squash flesh and reserve in a bowl. Stir in the garlic, mayo or crème fraiche, ¾ cup cheese, cayenne and parsley. Taste for seasoning and add more salt to taste. Transfer to an oven safe ramekin or casserole and top with the remaining cheese and nuts.
4. Bake until the cheese is melted (be careful not to burn the nuts), about 10 minutes.
5. Serve immediately with baguette rounds.