Loaded Baked Potato Soup
baked potato, slow cooker
For the soup
medium russet potatoes (1.5-2 pounds) chopped into ½ inch cubes.
celery, finely diced
onion, finely diced
parmesan cheese, grated
sharp cheddar cheese, grated
red pepper flakes
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the toppings
Freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
Red pepper flakes
Chopped green onion
Plain greek yogurt or sour cream
Chopped bacon (optional)
1. Chop your veggies and toss them in the slow cooker.
2. Add veggie broth, garlic, butter, salt, and pepper.
3. Set your slow cooker to HIGH and cook for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
4. At this time, for smooth soup, use a potato masher or to achieve desired consistency.
5. When ready to eat, mix in your cheese, milk, spices, and a spoonful or two of green onions. Add more broth or milk as desired.
6. Add toppings!