Pimento cheese for the win! This is a good little appetizer for the 4th of July! It’s not fancy, but it sure is delicious…
Pimento Cheese & Bacon Crostini
- 5 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jar pimentos (7 oz.), drained and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
1. In a mixer fitted with the paddle, combine the cheese, chopped pimentos, mayonnaise, black pepper and garlic powder; blend at low speed. Season the pimento cheese with cayenne pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange the sliced bread on a baking sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown. Remove from oven.
3. Spread the pimento cheese on the toasts, top with the bacon and bake until the cheese is melted and browned, about 2-5 minutes. Serve.
Make ahead – the pimento cheese can be prepared and refrigerated for up to 3 days before making the rest of the recipe. Of course, if you want to take a shortcut, just buy store bought!