Happy Sunday! Today I’m sharing a list of 7 things that caught my eye on the web this week…
1. I think the best time to plan a trip is when you’ve just returned from one, because you’re more motivated that way. Here’s the New York Times list of 52 places to go in 2018. Hey, that’s one per week! Some that look cool to me are Fiji, Oslo and Ribero Del Duero, of course for the wine! I’m also headed to Baltimore in a couple of months so was glad to see that on the list. (The images alone are worth the click here…)
2. I haven’t used any wallpaper in my own home, but I am a big fan of Gray Malin’s art. Gray launched a collaboration with Mitchell Black that focuses on the art used in his aerial photography. Pretty cool!
3. Close to home…A suggestion that the South’s next great food destination is in fact the Virginia Tidewater area, which consists seven sister cities including Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Virginia Beach, near the Chesapeake Bay. I haven’t visited this area, but am now intrigued…
4 Even closer…A short guide on where to eat and drink and some things to do on a weekend in Asheville. I absolutely love visiting Asheville, and plan to publish my own Asheville city guide here on the blog soon, so stay tuned for that, too!
5. A few lists of home decor items that look great but are very inexpensive. Enough said.
6. Is anyone else following news about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle? A full guide to the royal wedding, which takes place on May 19th, is here. I can’t wait to see what she wears!
7. Also, can’t wait for this movie! Amy Poehler has been lined up to star in and direct “Wine Country” for Netflix. The comedy is about longtime friends who go to Napa for the weekend to celebrate a 50th birthday. In addition to Poehler, the cast includes Rachel Dratch, Ana Gasteyer, Maya Rudolph, and Tina Fey. At least we know it will be funny!
In other movie news, see The Shape of Water if you haven’t already. We rented it this weekend and I completely get why it was the Best Picture winner!
Have a great rest of your weekend!
xx — BB
I can’t wait to look through that travel list!! xx
Thanks Sara! It’s going to give you wanderlust!
I’m so weirded out by The Shape of Water — a lady falls in love with a giant fish –really?! I’ve been avoiding it, but maybe I should take the plunge (pun INTENDED).
Ha! Believe me I thought the EXACT same thing but it was really the sweetest story. I feel like you would like it!