When it comes to spring, make-ahead salads are my go-to. I love any version of a Mediterranean salad, but this one is especially ingredient-packed! At the center of this dish are marinated artichokes and sundried tomatoes which pair with crisp cucumbers and red pepper, protein-packed chickpeas and tangy feta. Capers and fresh herbs add the perfect brightness and zing!
Mediterranean Salad with Artichokes, Sundried Tomatoes, and Feta
Prep Time 20 minutes
For the dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 1.5 cups marinated artichoke hearts halved or quartered
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 5 baby cucumbers, sliced (or, a half of an English cucumber cut into half-moons)
- ½ red onion diced
- 4 tablespoons capers
- ½ cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
1. In a small bowl, make the dressing by stirring together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Mix all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, top with the fresh herbs, and serve. at room temperature.
0 comments on “Mediterranean Salad with Artichokes, Sundried Tomatoes, and Feta”