For those still planning their holiday menus, I wanted to share a salad that would be a great addition! This arugula salad has ruby pomegranate seeds, cranberries for sweetness, toasted pecans for crunch, tangy feta, cooked wild rice for heartiness, and a bit of shallot for flavor. With its red, white, green colors, it makes a perfect holiday sidekick!
Pomegranate, Cranberry, Feta & Wild Rice Salad
For the salad
- 1 package arugula
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice (I brought the precooked kind and microwaved it)
- 1/4 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, cubed
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup minced shallot
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 squeeze orange juice
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper, more to taste
Cube the feta and toast the pecans. Cook the rice, if not using pre-cooked.
Finely mince the shallot and saute in 1/2 tablespoons olive oil to reduce the bite.
Add the shallot with the remaining olive oil, water, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt, and orange juice and whisk or process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust. Add additional olive oil as needed.
Toss the salad ingredients together with the dressing just before serving.
I’ll be taking a few days off for the holidays and will be back to you guys around New Year’s! I hope you all enjoy time with family and friends this week!