Hello, friends! On Sundays, I’ve been sharing a list of 7 things that caught my eye online this past week…here we go:
1. A quick peek at Food and Wine’s Top 10 Restaurants across the country. I haven’t been to any of these, but there are a few in locations I travel to frequently that I want to try. Has anyone been to any of these?
2. It’s Coachella weekend. Coachella used to be a big weekend for us when Mike worked in the music industry. Of course I love still following the Coachella fashion, which is so beyond! Here’s a photo gallery of what people are wearing this year.
3. And since Mike works for Condé Nast now, this is the topic of the week around their building and beyond.
4. Such an interesting read for all you midcentury restoration buffs like me — this is about the current undertaking of the restoration of Philip Johnson’s iconic Glass House, built in 1949 in New Canaan, CT. They had to do extensive work on the ceiling and even have a time lapse of some of the process. The Glass House will reopen soon. We visited the Glass House a few years back since it’s near my in law’s place — it was an awesome experience that I’d highly recommend if you are ever in the area.
5. I know there are a lot of Burgundy fans out there. If you invest in Burgundy, you know it can be prohibitively expensive to buy. Here are some suggestions from lesser-known locations in France to keep your eye on, like Samur, Languedoc, and Bandol. Cheers!
6. The first hotel in space will take your deposit now. Aurora Station, the first-ever luxury space hotel, plans to go into orbit in 2021 and host immersive trips beginning in 2022. The startup behind it is already taking deposits. Um, the deposit is $80k and then your stay can cost up to $9m. I think I’ll be sticking to the beach and wine country!
7. Last but not least in collaboration news, The Hunter x Target collection launched yesterday. Hurry and get your credit cards out because this will not last long. If you’re looking for a new pair of wellies, trendy raincoat or waterproof backpack then this one is for you! The collection covers men’s, women’s and kids! (thanks to my friend Laura for the tip!)
Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the day!
xx — BB