There is no time of year when people appreciate time more than the holidays! When I’m planning a holiday appetizer spread or making something to take to a holiday party, keeping it simple is always the goal. These appetizers are made with just four ingredients; a mixture of goat cheese and cream cheese serves as the base, then they are rolled in dried cranberries and finely chopped pistachios. Easy and festive. Cheers!
Holiday Appetizer Balls – Goat Cheese, Pistachio & Cranberry
- 2 4-ounce packages goat cheese at room temperature
- 2 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- ½ cup finely chopped pistachios
1. Mix the goat cheese and cream cheese in a bowl with a mixer until uniform in texture. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
2. Combine the cranberries and pistachios on a plate. Scoop the cheese mixture into small balls; I used a cookie dough scooper to make these perfectly round. Then, roll the ball of cheese in the cranberry-pistachio mixture to coat completely. Once covered, I then added a few cranberry pieces on top for accent.
Serve cold or at room temperature, with crackers or bread.
You may want to chop the pistachios in a food processor for a few seconds. Just ensure they keep their texture. It’s best to hand chop the cranberries.
For other super simple holiday appetizer ideas, check out this and this.
0 comments on “Holiday Appetizer Balls – Goat Cheese, Pistachio & Cranberry”