Time for broccoli to take center stage! I love roasted broccoli and here it proves it works just as well as an appetizer as it does a side dish. Crunchy broccoli stems and florets provide a nice textural contrast to the rich, creamy ricotta with garlic on baguette toasts. Hot honey adds a finishing spicy touch and takes this easy-to-prep appetizer up a notch!
Broccoli Ricotta Toasts with Hot Honey
- 1 baguette, sliced ½” thick on a diagonal (about 12 slices)
- 1 ½ cups fresh ricotta
- 1 head of broccoli, stem and florets chopped into ½” pieces
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat to 400 degrees F. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and brush on olive oil on both sides. Place broccoli and garlic on another baking sheet and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Season generously with salt and toss to combine.
2. Place broccoli on top rack and bread on bottom rack and roast until bread is slightly golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Remove bread from oven and continue to roast broccoli and garlic, tossing once, until broccoli is browned all over and garlic is tender, another 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, whisk honey, vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
4. As soon as garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze cloves out of their skins and mash in another small bowl to form a paste. Add ricotta and mix well; season with salt and black pepper.
5. Spread ricotta over toasts and top with roasted broccoli. Arrange on a platter and drizzle with honey mixture. Serve warm.
Yummm! Definitely making for a party this weekend.
Nice! Hope you love!