Full disclosure, I am not a baker…so if you are, this is going to be a pretty low bar to hit! But if you are looking for a Valentine’s treat that is super simple, this is for you. These easy brownie mix cookies are made from boxed mix with just 3 other ingredients. The results are fudgey, chewy, and chocolatey.
Super Simple Chocolate Chunk Brownie Cookies
- 1 18.3 ounce box fudge brownie mix
- 1 stick 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
1.. Arrange the racks in the upper and lower third of the oven and preheat to 350º F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Stir together the brownie mix, butter and egg in a large bowl until smooth and combined, then fold in the chocolate chunks.
3. Scoop 24 balls of dough (about 2 tablespoons each) onto the prepared baking sheets. Use the palm of your hand to gently press each ball into a thick disk. Bake until the cookies spread and the edges are just set, rotating the trays halfway through, about 10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.