This mediterranean chickpea salad is the ultimate summer salad. It’s made with fresh and bright ingredients and tossed with a homemade Greek dressing has the perfect balance of lemon, garlic, and oregano. I love this dish for an easy lunch or hearty side dish.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 4 oz feta cheese, diced or crumbled
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Add all of the salad ingredients to a mixing bowl. Add all dressing ingredients to a shaker and shake until combined. Pour the Greek dressing over the salad and give it a gentle stir. Add salt and pepper as needed. Transfer everything to a large bowl and serve.
This will store well in the fridge for about 5 days in an airtight container.