A fun recipe to make around the summer holidays of Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day. This berry sheet cake is soft, lightly sweet, and made easy in one sheet pan. Just whip together the batter, top with fresh berries, then pop it in the oven. It’s the perfect summer treat with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or powdered sugar. I also eat this, plain, for breakfast!
Mixed Berry Sheet Cake
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅔ cup tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh berries. Make sure you fully dry them after washing
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13-inch sheet pan (a 1/4 sheet jelly roll pan).
2. Add all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir together.
3. Add all of the wet ingredients to a separate mixing bowl and whisk together. Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk for about 30 seconds, until you have a batter. The batter will be thick—this is normal.
4. Pour the batter into the greased pan and use a spatula to flatten the top.
5. Add the berries to the top of the cake and transfer it to the oven. Cook for 35-40 minutes, or until golden across the top. It's best to slightly over-bake rather than under-bake. The middle section of the cake should also have a golden color, not just the edges.
6. Once it’s cooled, slice and serve!
You can use any berry combination in this cake. Just make sure they are completely dry so that you’re not adding extra moisture to the cake.
For leftovers, store the cake in a sealed container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
0 comments on “Mixed Berry Sheet Cake”