Last weekend we had few friends over for dinner and I’m sharing the menu below. Most of the dishes we serve at dinner parties are really simple wine food – Mike did the grilling (wild-caught salmon and also filet mignon, not pictured) for the main dishes and I did the apps and sides. I like things I can make ahead (like the caprese). Another one of my tips if you can’t make the full dish ahead is to prep as much as you can prior – for example, for the arugula salad, I toast the pine nuts ahead, grate the cheese, and zest the lemon and keep everything covered and fresh until time to assemble.
Here’s our full dinner menu:
I always pick up dessert from a local bakery, because who has the time?! Last but not least 100% don’t forget the dessert wine!
But trust me, you need this super-delicious roasted cauliflower recipe in your life! 😉🙌🏻
The Best Roasted Cauliflower with Tarragon, Golden Raisins & Capers
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small pieces
- 1-2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp agave or sweetener of your choice
- A few handfuls arugula
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tbsp golden raisins (soak in water for a few minutes if they’re not plump)
- 2 tsp minced tarragon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2) Break or chop cauliflower into small pieces.
3) Prepare 1 to 2 baking sheets with foil. Place cauliflower on baking sheets so the pieces are not touching. Drizzle with olive oil, white wine vinegar, and agave and toss with pinches of salt and pepper. The amount you use will depend on how much cauliflower you have and if you prefer to cook with more oil or with less.
4) Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until deeply golden and caramelized (not burnt, but just before). Remove from oven. While the cauliflower is somewhat hot, toss with the arugula so the arugula wilts just slightly from the heat. Toss in a bowl with capers, raisins, and tarragon and serve.
xx — BB
Just had a roasted cauliflower steak for lunch at a fav NYC lunch spot and it was different and delicious. Thank you for the recipe!!
Yum, now THAT sounds good!! What spot in NYC do you like for lunch?
That is your best cheese plate yet!
Thank you 😘
Your food pics are beautiful. You could be a food stylist! Great work. Will definitely try the cauliflower recipe.
Thank you!! I honestly need to get going with a DSLR, I’m taking all of these on my iPhone right now. 😂But I love doing it! Let me know how you guys like the recipe if you end up trying it! It’s one of my all-time faves…
I’m going to make that cauliflower dish!
Yay! Let me know if you like it! xx
Pingback: Simple, Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes – The Modifica
Pingback: Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup – The Modifica