A simple recipe to use up those delicious, in-season strawberries. The zesty ricotta and sweet strawberry jam pair so well together—savory and sweet! This works well of course for breakfast or brunch, but would make a great snack or even an appetizer idea, by serving it in smaller bites. Hard to resist!
Strawberry Quick Jam + Ricotta on Sourdough Toast
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup ricotta or farmer’s cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Kosher salt, to taste
1) Combine the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, mashing with a wooden spoon, until the strawberries break down and the jam has thickened, about 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a clean glass container and let cool completely. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
2) To serve, spread the cheese on the toasts. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of the jam on top.
xx — BB
Thank you!! And thanks for reading…