These goat cheese and bacon stuffed mini peppers are the perfect finger food to bring to a party or a tailgate. They’re creamy, savory, and kind of fun as far as food goes, right?!
Goat Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 12 mini bell peppers
- 6 slices bacon
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the bacon on a baking sheet and cook for 18-20 minutes, or until it's crispy. Transfer it to a paper towel to cool.
2. While the bacon is cooking, slice the mini peppers in half and scoop out the seeds.
3. Add the goat cheese, red onion, minced garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Once the bacon has cooled, crumble it with your hands into the bowl, and stir together.
4. Stuff the mini peppers with the bacon goat cheese mixture, and place them on a baking sheet. Bake the stuffed mini peppers for 10 minutes, or until the mini peppers are slightly softened. Remove them from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a plate.
5. Serve them warm. Garnish with extra chopped parsley on top.
Make ahead – if you’re prepping for a party, you can make these a few hours before guests arrive. Just make the filling, stuff the peppers, lay them out on a baking sheet, and store in the fridge until you’re ready to bake.