This super-easy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad is ready in 10 minutes! I recently made this to take to a party and it was the perfect thing for a quick, crowd-pleasing contribution. This pasta salad is made with just a handful of fresh, simple ingredients, but can always be customized to add more. It is the perfect side dish for parties, picnics, or potlucks!
Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 1 lrg. pkg (18 oz) cheese tortellini
- ½ cup pesto, more to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint mozzarella cheese balls
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, thin sliced or diced (optional)
- 8 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water a rolling boil. Add in the tortellini. Do NOT cook tortellini according to package instructions. Instead, boil for exactly 90 seconds. Then drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Place drained tortellini in a large bowl. Add in the pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella, onion, and basil. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
3. So easy, right?! Serve at once, or refrigerate until needed.
This time around, I picked up my pesto at a local Italian spot, so it was fresh made. If I’m making my own, I use Ina’s recipe.
Pingback: Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad — The Modifica | My Meals are on Wheels