I have been making these frittata cups for the past few weeks and loving them. If you are looking for healthy breakfast make-ahead options these are a perfect way to start the day. Great grab-and-go breakfast muffins that are easy and savory!
There are three types of frittata cups in this recipe, and you could change these up to your liking:
- Tomato, Spinach & Mozzarella
- Bacon, Cheddar & Rosemary
- Mushroom, Pepper & Gruyere
Frittata Cups 3 Ways
For the base
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Filling 1: Tomato, Spinach & Mozzarella
- ¼ cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup shredded or diced mozzarella cheese
Filling 2: Bacon & Cheddar
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary (green onion, or chives is also great!)
Filling 3: Mushroom, Pepper & Gruyere
- ¼ cup sliced brown mushrooms
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ cup shredded gruyere cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick oil spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and onion. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Add egg mixture halfway up into each tin.
4. Divide the three filling combinations into 4 muffin cups each.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until set.
6. Let cool slightly, then serve OR store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat when ready to serve.
- The muffins puff up while they cook in the oven. Fill them 3/4 of the way up to prevent overflow.
- Muffins will keep in airtight containers, refrigerated, for up to five days. Just heat them up in the microwave (usually 15-20 seconds in enough) when ready to eat.