Pink hummus is just regular hummus with roasted beets added, which gives the hummus its lovely pink color. It’s a vibrant and healthy snack or appetizer. You can serve this with any vegetable of your choice (I’m partial to carrots and cucumber slices) — or seeded crackers are also nice. This is easy to whip up and perfect for a festive occasion!
Pink Roasted Beet Hummus
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
- 2 medium beets
- 2 15 oz. cans chickpeas, drained with some liquid reserved, see below
- ⅓ cup chickpea liquid, can add more, as needed
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- Basil Pesto
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the leafy stems off the beets, leaving approximately 2 inches attached. Wash the beets, lightly spray or coat in olive oil (or avocado oil), place in a covered cast-iron pot or other baking dish and roast in the oven for 50 minutes, until somewhat soft to touch.
2. Remove the beets from the oven and slice the tail and stem off the beets. Add to a high-powered blender or food processor.
3. Then, add the chickpeas, chickpea liquid, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and beets. Blend for one minute or until smooth and creamy.
4. Transfer the beet hummus to a serving bowl and garnish with basil pesto and parsley.
This recipe makes enough for a party. If you have leftovers, you can freeze and thaw when you are ready to eat.
0 comments on “Pink Roasted Beet Hummus”