Fresh peach spinach salad with avocado, crunchy toasted almonds and creamy goat cheese, drizzled with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. This simple and healthy spinach salad is perfect for a grilling side, or it also works well as a main dish. It has all the summer feels!
Summer Peach Spinach Salad with Avocado & Goat Cheese
For the salad:
- 1 box or bag organic spinach
- 2 large peaches or 3 medium, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup sliced almonds
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, more to taste
1. Toast almonds for a few minutes in the toaster. Keep an eye on them, as they burn quickly.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, garlic, mustard, salt, and several grinds of pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking and continue to whisk until the dressing is emulsified. Add more olive oil to achieve desired consistency.
3. In a large bowl, add the spinach. Drizzle with desired amount of balsamic vinaigrette and toss together to combine. Top the salad with the peach slices, avocado, red onion, goat cheese crumbles and toasted almonds. Toss very gently again and serve.
0 comments on “Summer Peach Spinach Salad with Avocado & Goat Cheese”