I love potato salad but it can be so heavy and filling. This version is lightened up with loads of chopped vegetables and fresh herbs for flavor. The vinaigrette, olives and capers also add a nice salty finish, which pairs well with the creamy potatoes. This is perfect for a party side!
Light Mediterranean Potato Salad
For the salad
- 1 bag baby potatoes
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup halved Kalamata olives
- ½ cup capers
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley. chopped
For the dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes, until just fork-tender. Drain and cool, then cut into halves (or quarters, if large).
2. Add in the diced cucumbers, peppers, olives, capers, red onion, green onion, dill and parsley.
3. Drizzle dressing on top and lightly toss. Taste and add more seasoning, as needed. Serve at room temperature.