If you love kale salad, then stop what you are doing and make this salad! My new obsession—think kale salad crossed with Caesar, then add ALL the savory and the crunch. Super green curly kale tossed with creamy tahini parmesan dressing, then topped with a generous amount of seasoned breadcrumbs and extra crunchy, spicy chickpeas. It’s a simple salad, but one that will leave you craving this in your rotation.
Kale Salad with Breadcrumbs, Crunchy Chickpeas and Parmesan Tahini Dressing
For the Salad
- 1 can (14 ounce) chickpeas, drained, plus patted dry
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup pine nuts, optional
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cup shaved or grated parmesan
- 2 heads curly kale, shredded
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic, smashed
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. On a baking sheet, toss the chickpeas, 2 tablespoons olive oil, chili powder, paprika, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat. Bake for 15 minutes. Then add ¼ cup parmesan, toss and bake 5-10 minutes, until extra crisp.
3. While the chickpeas are cooking, toss the breadcrumbs, pine nuts, and garlic with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt and spread on a baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes, or until toasted. Meanwhile, add the kale and ½ cup parmesan to a large salad bowl.
4. To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add ¼ to ½ cup water to thin the dressing. Taste and adjust the salt.
5 .Pour the dressing over the kale, add ½ cup parmesan and toss well, massaging the dressing into the kale. Top the salad with avocado, then add a handful of parmesan. Top with breadcrumbs and chickpeas.