This lightly sweet matcha smoothie is made with banana, vanilla, and almond milk. It’s a quick, antioxidant-filled breakfast or yummy afternoon pick-me-up.
Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ banana, frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- A handful of ice
- Your choice of sweetener. I used one packet of monk fruit sweetener and it was perfect. Honey or agave also work well.
- Your choice of toppings. I used chia seeds, kiwi, blackberries, and unsweetened coconut flakes.
1. Blend everything together. Taste, adjust and sweeten to your liking.
2. Pour the smoothie into a bowl.
3. Garnish with toppings of your choice and serve.
Note – while this recipe is for a bowl, you can also use the same ingredients for a regular green matcha smoothie, leaving off the toppings.